Biennial plan Tour+Med 2.0
Tour+Med 2.0 is meant to be a real innovation, setting new standards in the variety of products already offered to Canadian travellers. We are proud to have introduced an absolutely unique and brand-new travel insurance protection on the market!
The 2 in 2.0 : a 2-year long protection (« biennial »)
Tour+Med 2.0 is the first travel insurance protection to last 2 years. In fact, just like a regular multi-trip annual plan, it consists of a travel insurance coverage for all of your trips not exceeding a predetermined duration (8, 15 or 30 days and less), while the plan is in force. However, rather than protecting you for only one year, the Tour+Med 2.0 biennial plan covers you for 2 consecutive years.
If you travel often or every year, this plan will make you save time, energy, and money; the purchase of a biennial plan will allow you to hedge yourself against next year's potential rate increases (on this portion of the product), and against changes in your health since your medical declaration will be valid for 2 years!
The .0 in 2.0 : no more medical questionnaires afterwards!
With regular annual plans, you are required to fill out a new medical declaration every time you wish to purchase extra days in order for your top up’s premium to reflect your actual health. With the Tour+Med 2.0 plan, this is not the case! If your trip exceeds 8, 15 or 30 days (depending on the plan you have chosen at the time of purchase), we allow you to purchase extra days without having to fill out another medical questionnaire! The Per Trip plan will be based on your attained age, your initial medical declaration, and the number of additional days required.
Purchase your Tour+Med 2.0 plan now, before another condition comes along!
Other characteristics :
- Eligibility : You must satisfy the eligibility criteria before each departure. This applies to the purchase of the initial biennial plan, as well as to every subsequent per trip plan.
- Stability : For the entire duration of the policy, all medical conditions, whether declared or not, must have been stable and controlled for a period of six (6) months prior to each departure to be covered.
- Insurability : This product is offered to clients aged from 60 to 74 years old (inclusive) at the time of purchase, and whose medical conditions did not require any assessment from the medical department. The purchase of subsequent per trip plans will be possible for clients aged from 60 to 76 years old (inclusive).
- Effective date : The effective date will correspond to the date of purchase of the biennial plan, to prevent any changes in your health between these two moments.
- During 2 years, all of your new medical conditions won't have any effect on your premium! When buying your 2.0 plan, you will « lock » your health for the next 2 years. Any medical condition that comes afterwards won't have any effect on the premiums of subsequent per trip plans. You must still satisfy the eligibility criteria before each departure and each new condition is subject to stability.
- No more medical questionnaires, for 2 years! A broker that truly cares would have required you to fill out a medical questionnaire every time you wished to extend a trip, even if your conditions had not changed. This frustration is now behind you since no other medical questionnaire will be required, for 2 years!
For the next two years, there will be no more irritation due to the completion of many medical questionnaires, and no more worries about the impact that a new condition would have on your premium!
Payment and cancellation of the plan :
- 24 monthly payments :The premium of the Tour+Med 2.0 plan is split into 24 monthly payments! This way, the insured client will pay an initial amount, followed by 23 equal monthly payments. Coverage is thus renewed on a monthly basis.
- Cancellation of the plan: If an insured client thinks that he might not travel anymore or if he wishes to cancel his valid Tour+Med 2.0 plan, he must let us know before the next monthly payment (subject to a 10-day minimum notice before the next monthly anniversary). This way, the protection will not be renewed and the plan will be canceled.
As opposed to a regular multi-trip annual plan (which must be paid in full before its effective date and for which you cannot get a refund if you wish to cancel), a Tour+Med 2.0 plan offers flexibility: insured clients do not have to pay the full premium at the time of purchase AND can stop their monthly payments if they wish to cancel their plan while it is in force.
Summary of benefits
in case of a medical emergency
About Tour+Med plans
Hospital care deductible
Traditional deductibles offered by other carriers are 'per event', no matter where you go for your consultation. Tour+Med's hospital care deductibles are only applicable to claims involving a hospital or ambulance transportation (whether by land or air). Since only 10% of all cases need to be referred to the closest hospital or emergency room, these hospital care deductibles are a wonderful advantage for you!
Our premiums automatically include a $0 deductible, but you could choose to add a hospital care deductible of $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 or $10,000 in order to save between 5% and 30% on your premium.
Save up to 10% with our various discounts
Everybody loves discounts! Even if our premiums are competitive, we still offer a variety of discounts so you can save more. Ask your representative about our 2 travelers discount,
2 travelers discount
Receive a 5% discount when 2 people travel together and are insured on the same policy.
our Combined rebate and
Get a 5% discount when you purchase medical and non medical protections simultaneously (such as trip cancellation and interruption coverage, for example).
Early bird discount
Discount available during a specific period only, at the beginning of the sales season. Official dates and percentage vary from one year to another and are subject to change without notice, but the discount is usually available from the beginning of July until the beginning of September.
You could save up to 10% on your premium's initial value!
Your pre-existing medical conditions may be covered if you meet the stability requirements outlined in the policy. All conditions must be Stable and Controlled for a period of:
Stable and Controlled
“Stable and Controlled” means any medical condition (other than a Minor Ailment) for which all the following statements are true:
- There has been no new diagnosis, Treatment or prescribed Medication (including prescribed “as needed”);
- There has been no change in Treatment frequency or type; there has been no change in Your Medication, including the addition or the stopping of a Medication or an increase or decrease in the dosage or frequency of a Medication (Exceptions the routine adjustment of Coumadin, Warfarin or insulin to maintain the optimal level of the said Medication in your blood and the change from a brand name Medication to a generic brand Medication of the same dosage);
- There has been no change in the frequency or the severity of the Symptom (new Symptom, more frequent Symptom or more severe Symptom);
- There have been no test results showing deterioration;
- There has been no Hospitalization or referral to a specialist (made or recommended) and You are not awaiting the results of further investigations for that medical condition.
In case of differences between this definition and the one available in the policy/distribution guide, the latter prevails.
- 3 months before your departure date, for persons aged between 3 months and 59 years of age.
- 6 months before your departure date, for persons aged 60 and over.
Inquire about our Reduced Stability Period option.
Reduced Stability Period option
It is now possible to cover some unstable medical conditions. The Reduced Stability Period reduces the stability requirements of some conditions to 30 days, rather than 6 months.
(Some conditions apply. Please read the policy wording for more details. This option is not available for the Tour+Med 2.0 plan.)
When insured through your employee benefit program or your credit card, your coverage is usually limited to a specific duration. We can top-up your existing plan for the extra days, so that your whole trip is covered. You must check that top-ups are permitted by the companies issueing your existing travel policies.
Extension of coverage
To extend the policy period, you must contact us, or your representative, at least 5 days prior to the expiration date written on your policy. You will only have to pay for the additional premium, if applicable.
(Any condition for which you received treatments in the initial portion of your policy will automatically be excluded, beginning on the first day of your extension. The Insurer reserves the right to grant or deny an extension of coverage, on a case-by-case basis. No extension request can be permitted after the expiration date of the initial policy.)