CHECK OUT THE COVID-19 TOUR+MED INDICATORS
THE ASSURANCE OF A PERSONALIZED PROTECTION, ADAPTED TO THE SITUATION
Without the COVID-19 Rider, your medical travel insurance protection has an exclusion in the event of a travel advisory to avoid all travel or avoid non-essential travel being issued by the Canadian Government prior to your departure date or while on your trip. (See exclusion 19f in the policy.)
With the COVID-19 Rider, you eliminate the pandemic situation pertaining to COVID-19 from the scope of the exclusion. Furthermore, adapted and exclusive benefits will be added to your coverage.
In other words, the Rider*:
- Provides coverage up to $5,000,000 in the event of a medical Emergency related to a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 (confirmed by a Physician) while on your trip, even if a travel advisory to avoid all travel or avoid non-essential travel (due to the pandemic situation of COVID-19) is in force at the time of your medical Emergency. (Coverage includes costs of hospitalization, treatments and repatriation, if necessary.)
- Prevents a forced return within 10 days (see exclusion 19f) if a travel advisory to avoid all travel or to avoid non-essential travel (due to the pandemic situation of COVID-19) is issued during your Policy Period.
- Provides exclusive benefits, adapted to the situation.
*Subject to the other terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Additional Benefits Exclusive to the COVID-19 Rider**:
In the event that you receive a first positive diagnosis of COVID-19 (confirmed by a Physician) during a trip and that you must legally proceed to an imposed quarantine at destination:
- CAN $100 per day of necessary quarantine at destination (outside of a hospital) (maximum CAN $1,400);
- Up to CAN $500 for perishable goods (groceries, restaurant orders) delivered during your quarantine;
- Up to CAN $100 for the sum of your taxis to and from a COVID-19 testing centre;
- Access to virtual consultations with a physician (service only offered in the United States);
**Conditions apply. See the COVID-19 Rider for details. These benefits do not apply while quarantined in a hospital (if applicable), nor in the event of a serologic test that provided a positive result to COVID-19 antibodies. Reimbursement of these benefits will occur after your return to your province of residence, upon presentation of proof of a positive diagnosis to COVID-19 (confirmed by a Physician), and upon presentation of the required receipts and proofs of payment. These benefits are payable only once during the Policy Period.
In the event that You receive a first positive diagnosis of COVID-19 (confirmed by a Physician) during a Trip and that Your legally-imposed quarantine period exceeds your Expiration Date, We will automatically extend the Policy Period (and this rider), at no extra charge, up to 72 hours following the end of Your legally-imposed quarantine, subject to a maximum automatic extension of 17 days.
The automatic extension is not offered in the event of a serologic test that provided a positive result to COVID-19 antibodies.
|Eligibility Conditions for the COVID-19 Rider :|