Per Trip and Family Plans
Per Trip Plan
Per trip plans are available for travelers aged from 3 months to 95 years old (inclusive). They cover you for trips outside of your province of residence, anywhere around the world*, and for a maximum duration of 183 or 212 days (depending on your province of residence).
Our family plan can insure parents and up to 4 children on the same policy, for a single trip or on an annual basis. This plan is available for trips of 48 days and less, anywhere around the world*. To be eligible, parents must be 59 years old or less, and children must be between 3 months and 21 years old on departure date, unmarried, and dependant of their parent for support.
* Exclusions may be applicable. It is your responsibility to verify the status of your destinations and any Travel Advice and Advisories issued by the Government of Canada before your departure.
Our products in a nutshell
About Tour+Med plans
Deductibles with discounts
Traditional deductibles offered by other carriers are 'per event', no matter where you go for your consultation. Tour+Med's hospital care deductibles are only applicable to claims involving a hospital or ambulance transportation (whether by land or air). Since only 10% of all cases need to be referred to the closest hospital or emergency room, these hospital care deductibles are a wonderful advantage for you! However, in order to compare apples with apples, we also provide traditional deductibles with discounts.
Our premiums automatically include a $0 deductible, but you could choose to add a deductible of $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 or $10,000 in order to save between 5% and 35% on your premium.
Discounts, and even more discounts
Everybody loves discounts! Even if our premiums are competitive, we still offer a variety of discounts so you can save more. Ask your representative about our 2 travelers discount
2 travelers discount
Receive a 5% discount when 2 people travel together and are insured on the same policy.
Get a 5% discount when you purchase medical and non medical protections simultaneously (such as trip cancellation and interruption coverage, for example).
Early bird discount
Discount available during a specific period only, at the beginning of the sales season. Official dates and percentage vary from one year to another and are subject to change without notice, but the discount is usually available from the beginning of July until the beginning of September.
or our Loyalty discount.
Discount ranges from 2% to 5%, based on the number of consecutive seasons during which you bought a policy from the same distributor.
You could save more than 15 % on your premium's initial value !
Flexibility (deposit and options)
Your pre-existing medical conditions may be covered if you meet the stability requirements outlined in the policy. All conditions must be Stable and Controlled for a period of:
Stable and Controlled
“Stable and Controlled” - Means any Medical Condition (other than a Minor Ailment) for which all the following statements are true:
- There has not been a new diagnosis, any new Treatment prescribed or recommended, or Change(s) to existing Treatment (including a stoppage in Treatment), and
- There has not been any Change to any existing prescribed Medication (including an increase, decrease, or stoppage to prescribed dosage), or any recommendation or starting of a new prescription Medication (Exceptions the routine adjustment of Coumadin, Warfarin or insulin and the change from a brand name Medication to a generic brand Medication of the same dosage); and
- There has not been any new, more frequent or more severe Symptoms, and
- There has not been any Hospitalization or referral to a specialist, and
- There has not been any medical exam, investigative testing or test results showing deterioration; and
- There has not been any Treatment recommended, planned or not yet completed, nor any outstanding test results.
- 3 months before your departure date, for persons aged between 3 months and 59 years of age.
- 6 months before your departure date, for persons aged 60 and over.
Inquire about our Reduced Stability Period option.
Reduced Stability Period option
It is possible to cover some of your unstable pre-existing medical conditions. The “Reduced Stability Period” option reduces the stability requirement of some medical conditions to 30 days before your departure, rather than 6 months, and these conditions will then be covered up to $5,000,000.
(Some conditions apply. Please read the policy wording for more details.)
When insured through your employee benefit program or your credit card, your coverage is usually limited to a specific duration. We can top-up your existing plan for the extra days, so that your whole trip is covered. You must check that top-ups are permitted by the companies issueing your existing travel policies.
Extension of coverage
To extend the policy period, you must contact us, or your representative, at least 5 days prior to the expiration date written on your policy. You will only have to pay for the additional premium, if applicable.
(Any condition for which you received treatments in the initial portion of your policy will automatically be excluded, beginning on the first day of your extension. The Insurer reserves the right to grant or deny an extension of coverage, on a case-by-case basis. No extension request can be permitted after the expiration date of the initial policy.)